QUALITY TRADING SYSTEM IDEAS!

Must Reads For Trading

  • Enhancing Trader Performance(Steenbarger)
  • Fooled By Randomness(Taleb)
  • Market Wizards(Schwager)
  • New Market Wizards (Schwager)
  • Pit Bull(Schwartz)
  • Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Livermore)
  • The Black Swan (Taleb)
  • Trade For A Living(Dr. Elder)
  • Trading In The Zone (Mark Douglas)
  • Trading Rules That Work (Jankovsky)
Custom Search

December 22, 2008

Short Euro, Long Dollar, Long Oil, Long Nat Gas

These are things that I am CONSIDERING taking positions in and out of.

I have been scalping the Euro on the short side, bouncing in and out, but I am not willing to hold anything for any significant period of time. It is just entirely too dangerous right now, especially coming into the end of the year. I made no trades today during the U.S open market hours, but I did make 4 Euro Futures trades between last night's currency open, and today's U.S. market close. These were all very small, only 1 contract. It's always good idea to slow your position size, entries/exits, and overall trading if you are going to participate during this period of the year. A lot of 'nonsense' takes place on the accounting side of things from Wall Street.

Overall its been a challenging year for traders, but the volatility has been something, which if properly respected, presented many amazing opportunities. I hope everyone has had a great year and is preparing for another interesting and exciting one in 2009!

I will most likely not be taking any major Index Option Scalps into 2009, my plan is to wait for things to calm down into some early year data, and the complacency that I believe will set in once President-Elect Obama is President Obama. Do not be surprised if you see the market trading lower a month from this post....

Regards,
Hawaiitrader

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nigel,
Are you the trader that I seen on Anna's website.